Posted on October 12, 2012 by thefamilycottage
These Halloween treat tubes are super easy and fun for kids to make. Your can use them for party favors, school treats, or just a fun activity for your own family.
- Empty toilet paper rolls
- Tissue Paper
- Halloween stickers or other decorations
Fill your toilet paper rolls with candy or other treats. Wrap the toilet paper roll with the tissue paper leaving 2″ on each side. Tie each end with ribbon and decorate with stickers or other decorations. And whalaa your done.
Filed under: Activities, Family Fun, Holidays, Kids | Tagged: Activity, Halloween, halloween activity, holiday, treat tubes | Leave a comment »
Posted on October 2, 2012 by thefamilycottage
Your kids will have no problem making these cute pumpkins made by craft elf.
- Fabric 22″ square, solid orange or calico
- Green felt 5″ x 2 1/2″
- Craft paper 3″ x 6″ *
- 1 Green pipe cleaner
- Glue stick
- Roll of toilet paper; the full roll not just the tube
- Pencil or round chopstick
* If you don’t have craft paper, use a paper bag
- Lay a 22″ square of orange fabric right side down on you work surface.
- Place a full roll of toilet paper in the center of your fabric square.
- Working your way all the way around the toilet paper, neatly tuck the fabric into the center of the toilet paper roll.
- Cut a 3″ x 6″ piece of craft paper. Starting at one of the 3″ ends, roll the paper to form a tube which will be you stem. Run a glue stick across the other 3″ end before you finish rolling the craft paper to secure it in place.
- Using the leaf pattern provided, trace and cut out one leaf from green felt.
- Lay the stem on top of the leaf. Securely wrap one end of the green pipe cleaner around both the stem and the leaf. Curl the other end of the pipe cleaner by wrapping it around either a pencil or chopstick, then slide the chopstick/pencil out.
- Place the end of the stem/leaf piece into the center of the roll of toilet paper and your pumpkin is ready to display.
Filed under: Activities, Family Fun, Holidays, Home, Kids, Uncategorized | Tagged: Activity, Family Fun, Halloween, halloween activity, holiday, kids activity, pumpkin, pumpkin craft | Leave a comment »
Posted on October 1, 2012 by thefamilycottage
1 1/2″ Styrofoam ball
12″ Square white fabric (old sheets or pillowcase works great)
Thin orange or black ribbon
White thread or fish line
1 Lay the styrofoam ball in the middle of the fabric.
2 Gather up the fabric around the ball
3 Tie the fabric tight with the ribbon
4 Draw eyes with the sharpie
5 Thread the white thread or fish line through the top of the ghost head with a needle or tie it around the neck.
6 Hang the ghost up outside on a tree or outdoor lighting.
Filed under: Activities, Family Fun, Holidays, Home, Kids | Tagged: activities, Activity, Ghost decorations, Halloween, halloween activity, holiday, kids activity | Leave a comment »
Posted on September 25, 2012 by thefamilycottage
Have some Halloween fun with the kids! These Spooky Pipe-Cleaner Spiders are easy to make. Check it out…
Materials needed for Spooky Pipe-Cleaner Spiders:
- Black or silver cap (small or large)
- Craft glue
- Google eyes
- Pipe cleaners
Click Here for Directions for Spooky Pipe-Cleaner Spiders:
Filed under: Activities, Home, Kids | Tagged: halloween activity, kids activity, Spiders | Leave a comment »